If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed or follow us on Facebook. Thanks for visiting!
It’s officially conference tournament time, meaning the regular season of college basketball came to an end this past weekend. And what a weekend it was. We had part two
of Duke/Carolina, UCLA’s improbable
(illegal?) win against Cal, USC beating Stanford
and much, much more. All of the great weekend basketball means a couple of things: the regular season has come to a close and it’s time for the big conferences to kick-off their tournaments.
The highlight of the weekend? As long as you aren’t a Duke fan, it was probably Danny Green’s dunk over Greg Paulus during the Duke/North Carolina Saturday slugfest. Other games of note:
More College Basketball after the jump ››
As you could expect, when it comes to the BCS and its version of Selection Sunday, there is a ton of reaction from the sports blogosphere. Here are a few that caught my eye and do a good job of portraying the madness that went down this past weekend.
- Epic Carnival’s WTC has some really good observations, including thoughts about Pitt’s stunning win over WVU.
- The Georgia Sports blog offers their reaction to the realization UGS, last week’s 4th ranked BCS team (ahead of LSU), wasn’t going to championship game. They also do a good job of illustrating that the BCS does indeed need changes.
- Deadspin points out a good argument against Ohio State from the Keith Law, a columnist for ESPN among other duties:
Playing the 43rd-strongest schedule in Division I-A – excuse me, the Football Bowl Subdivision – they beat the snot out of several weak opponents, beat an unranked Michigan State team by one score, and lost to Illinois. They never played a team ranked in the top 20 in the country. Their nonconference games were a joke: Washington, the last-place team in the Pac 10; Akron and Kent State, the bottom two teams in the Mid-American Conference’s East Division; and Youngstown State, which I can’t even find on the
Division I-A Football Bowl Subdivision standings page …
- Apparently, not everyone is happy Hawaii made the Sugar Bowl.
- A scathing look at the whole process.
Well, that’s plenty of reading material for you this morning and afternoon. Can you feel the BCS love in the air?