It’s kinda slow going as we wait on things like the bowl games to begin, NFL Sunday (did anyone watch last night’s Washington/Chicago game?), weekend college basketball and anything else deemed sports-blog worthy. Here’s a little link love for of some stories that caught my eye as I made my way through the Google Reader. Enjoy:
- It’s Heisman Trophy weekend and Loser with Socks gives us some reasons why Tebow shouldn’t win. They also ask just how effective McFadden would be in Urban Meyer’s system, which is something interesting to ponder as well.
- Well, it’s Christmas time boys and girls and you know what that means: office Christmas parties. The Sports Hernia has a nifty little list of the sports conversations you can expect from your non-sports savvy co-workers.
Why yes, that Dwayne Wayne is a GREAT basketball player… just ask Denise Huxtable.
- Kansas forward Brandon Rush got arrested. Don’t forget to take care of those traffic violations, kids.
- SI’s 16-team college playoff is now in it’s Elite 8 stage. Who ya got?
- Barry Bonds, much to everyone’s surprise, pleaded “Not Guilty” to his federal charges. I wonder if he plead guilty to being an ass to his fans?
- An Alex Legion update. Apparently, he wants to come back to the Cats, but Gillispie hasn’t decided if he’ll allow it or not.
- Epic Carnival asks us who has the hottest girlfriend/wife in sports? This is an ongoing competition so make sure you stay tuned. This week’s contestants are Eliza Dushku and reigning champ, Athena Barber.
Again, who ya got?
- And finally, our news of the obvious: Stephen A. Smith has been voted as the worst sports announcer. Color me surprised. The next thing you’ll tell me is water is wet and the sky is blue.
Well kiddies, that should give you plenty of reading fodder while you are waiting for the weekend to arrive. Enjoy the Heisman presentation and whatever other athletics you are engaged in.