Super Bowl Prediction
Well, this was certainly a long two-weeks, wasn’t it? What did we learn?
- Tom Brady’s ankle is the center of the universe
- Prostitutes make bank during the Super Bowl
- Media day will not include bloggers
- Eli Manning is in the same vein as Phil Simms
- Bill Belichick has a way with women
- If you are hot, there’s a Super Bowl party to attend
So what was all this hubbub about? One little football game. Does the game live up to the hype? That’s a debatable point, but normally, if the game is entertaining (not like Pittsburgh and Seattle—thank you, Zebras), the hype quickly is forgotten. With that in mind, it’s prediction time.
I’ve been mulling this over for a little while and my choice comes down to this, how in the world can you pick against the Patriots? Whether you like the franchise or not has nothing to do with it either. Further, this is by no means a slap to the Giants.
But I will say this: on that late December game everyone keeps referencing, the Giants played perhaps their best game.
And still lost.
Recognizing a superior team shouldn’t be that hard—but—you do have the “Any Given Sunday” thing going too…
Sorry Giants fans, not this Sunday.
Patriots – 38
Giants – 31
MVP – Wes Welker with 3 big touchdowns.