Rex Ryan: King of F**k
Make no mistake about it, New York Jets fans, your coach is about one thing, and one thing only: F**king winning. Don’t believe me? Just watch the video from last night’s debut of HBO’s Hard Knocks. PFT has a nice little transcript of Rex’s carpet f-bombing.
It would make Richard Pryor proud:
1. On Darrelle Revis, “He’s pretty f–king good.”
2. “It’s about leading the league in f–king wins.”
3. “If we play at our best, we will beat every team in this f–king league playing at their best.”
4. “Last year, hey, we were under the radar, that’s a good place to be. F–k that!”
5. “We know we’re better than you. We don’t give a f–k if you know it or not.”
6. “We’re gonna beat the f–k out of you.”
Now, the real question is, now that the Jets have clearly embraced their hype, are they going to fizzle out in grand fashion or will they make Rex Ryan look like a f**king genius? Can/will Mark Sanchize (12 TDs, 20 INTs last season) lead the team past the AFC Championship? Or was last year a flash in the pan? If the Jets are truly committed to playing without Darrelle Revis — something I find hard to f**king believe — will they even be able to at least repeat last year’s moderate regular season success?