Intentional Upset: The End of the Regular Season
It’s officially conference tournament time, meaning the regular season of college basketball came to an end this past weekend. And what a weekend it was. We had part two of Duke/Carolina, UCLA’s improbable (illegal?) win against Cal, USC beating Stanford and much, much more. All of the great weekend basketball means a couple of things: the regular season has come to a close and it’s time for the big conferences to kick-off their tournaments.
The highlight of the weekend? As long as you aren’t a Duke fan, it was probably Danny Green’s dunk over Greg Paulus during the Duke/North Carolina Saturday slugfest. Other games of note:
* Kansas rolls Texas A&M, splits Big 12 with Texas
* Wisconsin beats Northwestern, wins Big Ten
* Georgetown downs Louisville, earns Big East
* Syracuse runs Marquette, keeps Big Dance hope alive
* Kentucky beats Florida, puts Florida squarely on the bubble
* Penn State trips IU
* Ohio State overcomes snow, beats Michigan State, still part of Big Dance picture
The upcoming conference tournaments will tell a lot about who is punching their Tournament picture and with Selection Sunday now only six days away, the anticipation should be bearable.